Thursday, January 26, 2012

Anxiety

If the snow is really what's been keeping tall, dark, and faceless away from me, or at least out of sight, then I'm running out of time; the weather's getting warmer, the sun's coming out, and everything's getting a hell of a lot wetter. I'd guess a week or so is all I have left for snow cover if the weather keeps up.

But that's not all that's been on my mind. I got an e-mail on Monday from someone calling herself 'Ellie,' saying she wanted to meet. Now, I know that this sounds a lot like some stupid e-mail dating scam, or just pointless spam, but... Well, read for yourself:

"Nobody,

I know what you're going through. I know what's chasing you. I know where Dom is.

You don't have to believe me if you don't want to, but I can prove that I'm a friend:

'Blame your fate.'

We need to meet. I'll be waiting for you at [redacted]. Be there at 7:00 sharp on January 27th.

-Ellie
"

You might be confused by the 'proof' she has, so I'll elaborate: Dom and I used to play Tales of Symphonia all the time when she came over, and we'd always fight over who got to control Kratos Aurion, one of the characters in the game. One of his post-fight quotes was 'Blame your fate!' That became a bit of an inside joke between us; if something went wrong, we'd do our best Kratos impression.

Her other interesting piece of information is the date we're supposed to meet up. January 27th is also Dom's birthday. If this were just spam, I'd put it up to coincidence, but since she had reasonable proof that she's talked to Dom...

I'm going to meet up with her. I should be safe while there's snow on the ground. I don't know if I'll be able to make any posts between now and then; it's the end of the first semester of my senior year, so there will be a lot of work that I've got to do. If I don't post anything after that, assume the worst and add another dash to Slendy's body count.

Nobody, signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment