Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Nine Days

I've been observing the shelter for nine days (counting today; I'll check it out again after school today), but Dom is a no-show. We got some snow a few days back, so I was hoping that I'd be able to find some footprints or something, but there was nothing. I'm starting to think that I'm barking up the wrong tree with this shelter. It could be a result of some kid messing around in the trees. Or a resourceful homeless guy.

I'm going to keep watching for another week or so, but if I don't find anything definitive, I'll begin looking elsewhere. It's driving me crazy thinking that Dom could be out there somewhere dying because I'm wasting my time with some pile of wood in the city park.

However, I think my snow theory has some weight to it; since the snow started to fall, I haven't seen the Slender Man at all. No faceless skull staring at me from the trees, peeking in my window; no inky black tendrils snaking across the dark corners of the room. He's mercifully absent, and oddly enough, that gives me a little hope.

Nobody, signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment