Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My Long Weekend

I get a long weekend this week. Instead of sticking around in school for all five days, I'm heading up to Duluth, the greatest city in the world, for a wedding. It just so happens that I'll be getting my senior pictures taken up there, so when I get them all developed (or, more likely, downloaded), I'll post one of them here. Dom's too paranoid to do the same, no matter how persuasive I try to be. Moron doesn't even have Facebook.

(For the record, I do know that Dom can read this)

Anyways, I've been really getting into the topic of the Slender Man lately. If you don't already know (*cough*Dom*cough*), Slendy is a tall, faceless man that stalks you and kills you. He can't be seen unless you 'trap' him in place with a camera (there's a whole theory into how that works, but I can't be bothered to write it all up here), or unless you're his target. He also only goes after people that know about him, apparently, so since I haven't seen him, I'm going to assume I'm safe for now.

Being a writer and all, I've thought at a few points that I should start writing a horror story revolving around the Slender Man, since it hasn't been done yet (to my knowledge), but I've already got a lot on my writing plate. I'm almost done with a manuscript that I hope to get on to the editing stage soon, and after that comes the second draft that I can send in to a publishing agent. Maybe when that one sells a bazillion copies and makes me a gazillionaire, I'll start a Slender story. Until then, though, I'm going to stick with what I've got.

But, I digress. I'll be bringing my laptop to the wedding, and unless the hotel I'm staying in pulls an 'Embassy' (my term for the motels that claim free wireless but really make you pay), I should be able to do some posting from there. If not, I'll leave any critical updating to Dom.

Ciao.



JLOFXIJTWPJDF

3 comments:

  1. Don't you have anything better to do during computer class than read my (our) blog? ...well, I shouldn't be updating it, but nonetheless.

    Anyways, come on over after work tomorrow and I'll show you the Slender Man stuff. I've been following all the video series. Not really into the blogs, though; don't see the point in reading what I can watch (kidding).

    Hm, I don't remember sticking those characters in up there. I'll go back and delete them later; class is just about over now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jumped the gun and watched it all myself last night. Freaky stuff. I'm still coming over, though. Don't want to be alone atm lol

    ReplyDelete